Visits and walks
You will be charmed by the diversity of the landscapes which are offered to you by the 3 regions close to our house : the Dombes and its thousand dams, the Saone valley and the Beaujolais and Maconnais hills.
The area offers many touristic activities :
- Park of the Birds, the most important tourist attraction of Ain, in Villars-les-Dombes
- Museum of the miniature train, in Châtillon-on-Chalaronne
- Living museum of the aquatic plant, in St-Didier-on-Chalaronne
- Touroparc zoological park (700 animals - 140 species), in Romanèche-Thorins
- Hameau Duboeuf, the 1st park for the vine and the wine, unique in Europe, in Romanèche-Thorins
- Museum of prehistory and botanical garden, in Solutré
- Cruising and dining on the Saone river
- Hiking and biking in the Dombes, in the Saone valley and in the Beaujolais.
- Wine Route of the great Beaujolais wines
Our area is also rich of history, with many castles and famous villages such as the medieval city of Pérouges and Châtillon-on-Chalaronne , and Trévoux, the historical capital of the Dombes...